This is a collection of utilities for Windows 10 Linux Subsystem, such as retrieving Windows 10 environment variables or creating your favorite Linux GUI application shortcuts on Windows 10 Desktop.
Requires Windows 10 Creators Update; Some of the feature requires a higher version of Windows 10; Supports WSL2.
A WSL shortcut creator to create a shortcut on your Windows 10 Desktop.
A WSL system information printer to print out system informations from Windows 10 or WSL.
A WSL screenshot information tool to print information in an elegant way.
A WSL tool to help you get Windows system environment variables.
A fake WSL browser that can help you open link in default Windows browser or open files on Windows.
A WSL tool to convert path styles.
A set of quick actions for WSL such as quickly mounting all drives or manually sync time between Windows and WSL.
wslgsu A WSL tool to help creating startup tasks for linux process on Windows.
Currently supported Distro
- Debian GNU/Linuxopen in new window
- Kali Linuxopen in new window
- OpenSUSE Leap 42open in new window, 15.0open in new window, 15.1open in new window, and 15.2open in new window
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12open in new window and 15open in new window
- Ubuntu Latestopen in new window, Community Preview, 16.04 LTSopen in new window, 18.04 LTSopen in new window and 20.04 LTS
- Pengwin (Formerly WLinux)open in new window
Community Supported Distro
- Arch Linux via ArchWSLopen in new window
- Alpine Linux via AlpineWSLopen in new window or Alpine WSLopen in new window
- Scientific Linux, Oracle Linux* or RedHat Enterprise Linux** via Pengwin Enterprise (Formerly WLinux Enterprise)open in new window
- Fedora via Fedora Remix for WSLopen in new window
*: Will support in the future.
**: you need to request to using RHEL from WLinux team and have a license of RHEL of your own.
Legacy Ubuntu is no longer supported.
Report bugs to https://github.com/wslutilities/wslu/issuesopen in new window.
Report bugs for Ubuntu version to https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/wsluopen in new window.
License & Credits
This project uses GPLv3 License.
Logo of WSL Utilities and icons for
wslusc desktop shortcuts are licensed under CC BY 4.0 International Licenseopen in new window.
The sudo.ps1 (
./src/etc/sudo.ps1) used here is a part of psutils made by Luke Sampson. the file is used under MIT License.
Tux logo used here(
/src/etc/wsl.ico) was originally made by Larry Ewing in the Gimp and re-illustrated in vector by Garrett LeSage, using Inkscape.
Pengwin Logo used in
wslfetch ASCII art is ASCII version of the artwork by Dennis D. Bednarz, with use permission from Whitewater Foundry.
WLinux Logo used in
wslfetch ASCII art is ASCII version of the artwork by Larry Ewing.